Particular Limited (trading as The Greyhound Inn), as the controller of data we hold about you, is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We take your privacy very seriously and we ask that you read this Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information on:
- The personal data we collect about you
- How we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit from)
- How personal data might be shared
- Your privacy rights and how the law protects you
What information we collect from you
Personal data provided about you
We collect personal data about you when you:
- Register with us on our website
- Purchase or make payments for any of our products or services
- Contact us through our website
- Apply for a job with us
- Complete customer feedback or surveys
- Participate in competitions
The personal data collected in the above manner may include your:
- Full name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Payment details
- Dietary information
For overnight guests depending on your nationality it may include your:
- Passport number and place of issue
- Next destination
Special Category Personal Data
We do not proactively collect personal data considered as special category personal data via our website such as health information. However, if you provide us with certain information regarding dietary requirements by phone or email you should be aware that information you freely submit may reveal to us certain information that may be considered as special category personal information.
We may ask you to provide us with the above special category personal data, for example to understand any allergen information so that we can cater appropriately for you, to facilitate suitable access to our premises, or where you are applying for a role with us. We will only collect your special category personal data with your explicit consent. If we request such information, we will explain why we are requesting it and how we intend to use it.
Personal data about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- Give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data
- Receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
- Give consent to the processing of their special category personal data
Why we collect this information
We collect information about you so that we can:
- Identify you and manage our relationship with you
- Process any orders for goods and/or services which you make with us
- Manage your room bookings, table bookings and event bookings and ensure that we can provide you with a personalised and memorable experience with us
- Assist you with your queries in relation to our business
- Notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- Conduct research
- Review any job applications you submit to us
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Carry out security vetting
- Improve our services
- Send you marketing information (see below)
We would like to send you information by email about our products and services, competitions or prize draws and special offers which may be of interest to you.
We will only send you marketing messages when you click to subscribe on our website or tick the relevant consent box when you provide us with your personal data. If you have consented to receive such marketing from us, you can opt out at any time by using the unsubscribe function on each of our emails. We will not share your personal data with any other party for the purposes of marketing their products or services.
Who we might share your information with
We may need to transfer your personal data to other companies for the purpose of:
- Communicating with you and managing your privacy preferences through our third-party marketing partner, Campaign Monitor, Inc. Click here
- Storing your booking details for table reservations using our partner restaurantdiary.com Limited. Click here
How we keep your personal data secure
To protect your information, we have policies and procedures in place to make sure that only authorised personnel can access the information, that information is handled and stored in a secure and sensible manner, and all systems that can access the information have the necessary security measures in place.
All employees receive the necessary training and resources to ensure they understand their responsibilities in relation to all of our policies and procedures.
In addition to these operational measures we also use a range of technologies and security systems to reinforce the policies and procedures, including ensuring that:
- Access to personal data is strictly restricted to those employees who need access this information as part of their role
- We store your personal data on secure servers and unauthorised external access to personal data is prevented through the use of a firewall
- Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology)
How long we keep your personal data
We shall only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. If you would like more information about how long we retain specific types of your information, please contact us the methods provided later in this Privacy Notice.
The right to access information we hold about you
At any point you can contact us in one of the ways described below to request the information we hold about you as well as why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we got the information. Once we have received your request we will respond within 30 days.
The right to correct and update the information we hold about you
If the information we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and we will ensure that it is updated.
The right to have your information erased
If you feel that we should no longer be using your information or that we are illegally using your information, you can request that we erase the information we hold. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the information has been deleted or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted.
The right to object to processing of your information
You have the right to request that we stop processing your information. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue. If data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold your information to comply with our legal obligations.
The right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You have the right to request that we stop contacting you with direct marketing.
Linking to your social media sites
Our website provides links to our social media sites. Once on any of these social media sites, please take care if you choose to post any information as this will be on a public domain and may be widely accessible. If you would like more information about how any information posted on these sites will be used, please the sites’ privacy notice carefully
If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice, need further information about how we use your personal data or wish to lodge a complaint, please contact us by any of the following means:
- Email us at: email@example.com
- Write to: The Data Controller, The Greyhound Inn, Main Street, Letcombe Regis, Oxon, OX12 9JL
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. You should check this Privacy Notice occasionally to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access the website. Where we have made any changes to this Privacy Notice which affects the manner in which we use your personal data, we will contact you by email to inform you of this change.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 25.05.2019