Covid-19 Customer Guidelines
Applicable 17 May to 20 June
We are so delighted to be welcoming guests back to our pub again. We ask that all of our guests understand and follow our Customer Guidelines to make your visit as comfortable, enjoyable and safe as possible.
- Please follow the social distancing guidelines as best as possible, maintaining your distance from other guests throughout your visit: 2m where possible or 1m plus.
- If you are bringing children, please supervise them at all times and ensure they follow the social distancing guidelines too.
- If you have to pass other guests or staff, e.g. to go to the toilet, please do not linger in the walkways, and always wear a face covering whilst moving around.
- There is a one-way system in place to manage entry and exit from the pub. There is clear signage to assist with this.
- Hand sanitiser stations are located for your use at the entrance and near the toilets.
- Reservations to dine are essential, as we now have fewer tables, and we wish to avoid large numbers of people arriving at the same time. Please arrive on time for your reservation to avoid congestion.
- Reservations to dine in the garden are possible, so if you need to cancel for any reason or due to bad weather, please let us know as soon as you can. Please note we may not alternative tables indoors if we are busy, but we will always try to accommodate you.
- If you would like to drop in for a drink, you are most welcome. However, as you will need to have table service, there is more likely to be availability outside of food service hours. It is advisable to book at busy times.
- The ‘Rule of 6’ applies indoors: up to 6 from any number of households (children of all ages count towards the limit of 6) or a group of any size from up to two households (each household can include an existing support bubble).
- Outside you can meet in a group of up to 30.
- Please do not mix or socialise with any other groups.
- Entrance to the pub will be solely via the rear entrance through the garden.
- Please wait to be welcomed and shown to a table by a member of the team. If there is a queue, please observe social distancing.
- You and everyone in your party must check in to support NHS Test and Trace before we can serve you.
- Anyone who does not comply must be refused entry.
- Use the NHS COVID-19 app to check in. If you don’t have it, use our own check in system. If you don’t have a smartphone, we will take your details and check in on your behalf.
- We will ask you to sanitise your hands on arrival.
- All guests and visitors must wear a face covering when inside and moving around the building, including while being taken to be seated and going to the toilet. Face coverings should follow the Government guidance.
- You are free to remove your face covering at your table, or when outdoors.
- Drinking while standing is not allowed for the moment, so all guests will be shown to a table to sit, and drinks will be served at the table.
- Your waiter will tell you about the various drinks on offer. To minimise contact, we won’t be offering samples for the moment.
At The Table
- We will offer single use menus and wine lists.
- Food and drinks will be ordered from the table and delivered to you, with contact time kept as short as possible. Where practical, you will have a single waiter looking after you.
- We now only accept cashless payments, using debit/credit cards or mobile payment apps. Contactless payments can be made up to £45.
- All toilets will be available for guest use, however guest numbers will be limited: please follow the guidance on the signs.
- Toilets will be inspected and cleaned regularly throughout the day.
- We would ask you to leave only via the front door through the lobby in order to maintain a one-way system as much as possible.
- If you need step-free access, please ask a member of the team and they will help you leave safely by the rear door.
- All door handles and other touch points will be regularly cleaned and hand sanitiser will be available for your use at the exit.
- All rooms will be thoroughly cleaned after guest departure. It may take a little longer than previously, so we have changed the check-in time to 4pm.
- All toiletry bottles will be sanitised between each guest.
- Tea and coffee making trays will be freshly stocked and thoroughly cleaned.
- Complimentary hand sanitiser will be in the rooms for guests to use during their stay and to take home with them.
- Room keys will be sanitised between visits.
- All our staff have undergone thorough training in COVID-19 awareness and safe working procedures.
- All staff will be monitored for symptoms daily and asked to stay at home if they are unwell.
- Staff will thoroughly wash and sanitise their hands frequently throughout the day.