Covid-19 Customer Guidelines
We are so delighted to be welcoming guests back into our pub again, but are fully aware that this must be under carefully managed conditions. Our aim is to make your visit a positive experience and we have put a lot of thought into balancing your comfort and convenience with the safety of everyone. Before we reopen, all our team will have relevant training and guidance to be able to work confidently with these new measures and operations in place. To make your visit as comfortable, enjoyable and safe as possible we ask that all of our guests understand and follow our Customer Guidelines.
IF ANYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAS ANY SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 THEY MUST NOT VISIT
- Please follow the social distancing guidelines as best as possible, maintaining your distance from other guests throughout your visit: 2m where possible or 1m plus.
- If you are bringing children, please supervise them at all times and ensure they follow the social distancing guidelines too.
- If you have to pass other guests or staff, e.g. to go to the toilet, please do not linger in the walkways.
- There is a one-way system in place to manage entry and exit from the pub. There will be clear signage to assist with this.
- Hand sanitiser stations are located for your use at the entrance, near the toilets and at various places throughout the building.
- Reservations to dine are essential, as we now have fewer tables, and we wish to avoid large numbers of people arriving at the same time. Please arrive on time for your reservation to avoid congestion.
- If you would like to drop in for a drink, you are most welcome. However, as you will need to have table service, there is more likely to be availability outside of food service hours. It is advisable to book at busy times.
Please bear in mind the current government ‘rules’ when booking:
- Inside and outside: up to two households may meet and socialise at a safe distance. We have tables to seat up to 12 in private areas to help you catch up with another family.
- Outside only: up to 6 individuals from different households may meet and socialise at a safe distance. We have several large outside tables, but if you are just coming for a drink and it’s likely to be busy you are welcome to bring a picnic rug and place it at least 2m from other groups.
- Entrance to the pub will be solely via the rear entrance through the garden.
- Please wait to be welcomed and shown to a table by a member of the team. If there is a queue, please observe social distancing.
- We will ask you to sanitise your hands on arrival.
- Contact details for all guests visiting will be taken to assist NHS Test and Trace.
- Drinking while standing is not allowed for the moment, so all guests will be shown to a table to sit, and drinks will be served at the table.
- Your waiter will tell you about the various beers and wines on offer. To minimize contact, we won’t be offering samples for the moment.
At The Table
- We will offer single use menus and wine lists.
- Food and drinks will be ordered from the table and delivered to you, with contact time kept as short as possible. Where practical, you will have a single waiter looking after you.
- Should you require any condiments, these will be sanitised and brought to you.
- We would prefer cashless payments, using debit/credit cards or mobile payment apps. Contactless payments can be made up to £45.
- All toilets will be available for guest use, however guest numbers will be limited: please follow the guidance on the signs.
- Toilets will be inspected and cleaned regularly throughout the day.
- We would ask you to leave only via the front door through the lobby in order to maintain a one-way system as much as possible.
- If you need step-free access, please ask a member of the team and they will help you leave safely by the rear door.
- All door handles and other touch points will be regularly cleaned and hand sanitiser will be available for your use at the exit
- All rooms will be thoroughly cleaned after guest departure. It may take a little longer than previously, so we have changed the check-in time to 4pm.
- All toiletry bottles will be sanitised between each guest.
- Tea and coffee making trays will be freshly stocked and thoroughly cleaned.
- Our book exchange bookcase will be emptied for now.
- Complimentary hand sanitiser will be in the rooms for guests to use during their stay and to take home with them.
- Room keys will be sanitised between visits.
- We have created two distinct teams of chefs in the kitchen where closer contact is unavoidable, and these teams will work on different days.
- The Front of House teams will minimise contact with each other.
- All staff will be monitored for symptoms daily and asked to stay at home if they are unwell.
- Staff will thoroughly wash and sanitise their hands frequently throughout the day.